Wednesday 6 September 2017

THE EGO AND THE PARANOIA 1


paranoia is a 1000 cocaine nosejobs
with the pale ale working club darts crowd

paranoia is a cold sweat flood 
in the ordinary queue
of the newsagent top-up toe jam

paranoia is rapping on the wooden buddha foot
that hung on my mancave key 
that hung from a 2AM claw
in the lost kid nerves of nights black lie
calling on the forest spirits MDF minders
to
see
me
thru
if they have the time
or the soft inclination 

and paranoia tapes up my webcam peep port
cos mulder does 
cos zuckerburg does
cos i seen too much death tv

and paranoia hides me in the bin alleys
from the blue light hunt patrol 
throwing arson evidence on the misery line

and then my ego weighs in
like a dry years first amphetamine jag
like a whisky stride to the bottle shop
heroically underdressed and laceless
burning
cigarettes 
in 
all 
my hands
single malt on my breath
but buying any cheap blend

and ego calls my illness slacker evolution
and a gift from Zod in the processed dawn

and ego tells me the morning mist
that makes islands of the trees
is chicken soup 
for my mind 

and my mind alone







Image result for chicken soup tin

from foodservicedirect.com

No comments:

Post a Comment